The First Resort for Spa and Pool Safety ResourcesJanuary
Most people find comfort in unwinding after a stressful day in a hot tub or jacuzzi. Whether in their home, party, hotel, spa or gym, a sense of rejuvenation is common amongst hot tub enthusiasts. However, there are certain precautions to follow in order to ensure that your experience is as safe as it is rewarding. From checking water balance, to making sure the hot water doesn't have adverse effects on your body, safety is an important measure to carry out before your next plunge.
- Consumer Product Safety Alert Provides a description of hazards associated with use of a hot tub, whirlpool or spa.
- Hot Tub Tips Provides safety tips for both hot tubs and pools
- Hot Tub Fact Sheet Ensures safety in operating and using hot tubs
- Hot Tub Safety Tips Information on the dangers of hot tubs for children.
- Hot Tub Tips Provides safety tips for both hot tubs and pools
Whether you're swimming in a pool or a natural body of water, the risk of drowning is still quite possible. It can still be an enjoyable, healthy activity, but it's important to note that it's one of the top 5 leading causes of death in the world and it happens still to strong swimmers. Understand what preventative measures can be taken to keep danger at bay when enjoying a swim at your local pool.
- National Drowning Prevention Alliance Provides a list of pool safety tips for parents and caregivers.
- Drowning Prevention Tips Provides tips for preventing drowning in all bodies of water as well as drowning statistics.
- Pool Safety 101 Provides information on current laws regarding pool safety as well as current guidelines and safety tips.
- Pool Safety Provides pool safety tips for adults and children.
- Pool Safety Tips Provides tips to protect children from drowning from the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Pool and Spa Safety and Drowning Prevention Site Consumer Product Safety Commission kicks-off the Pool Safely national public education campaign.
As much as children and their guardians have fun in aquatic activities, the unfortunate truth of the matter is that children are more susceptible to injuries, drowning and death. As much as swimming lessons and flotation devices ease the burden and promote safety, there are other precautionary measures to be taken to make sure your loved ones are able to have fun but be safe at the same time.
- Spa Safety for Kids A website provided by the American Association for Pool and Spa Professionals and the US government directed towards children.
- Safety Checklist for Kids Provides a safety checklist for kids to memorize as well as a checklist for adults.
- Swimming Safety An article directed towards children explaining why water safety is important.
- Coloring Activities Provides printable coloring activities for children to help teach pool safety.
- Coloring Book Provides a free printable coloring book to teach children about pool safety.
- Safe Swimming Tips for Children Provides swimming safety tips for parents and caregivers.
- Water Safety Prevention Learn how to protect your child when they are playing around the pool or beach.
Although several measures are taken to make sure pools are sanitized, the spread of germs and diseases is still possible. It's difficult to know about other people's hygienic habits or health standing, but making sure the pool is clean, testing ph, alkalinity, etc. can be of great assistance in promoting good hygiene and more importantly, good health.
- Avoid Water-Borne Illnesses Tips for swimmers and spa-goers to help keep them safe this summer and to educate about the dangers of water-borne illness.
- A Clean Pool Is a Healthy Pool Steps towards ensuring that your next pool experience is a clean one.
- Swimming Pool Chemicals Parents and children's guide towards chemicals in pools.
- Disinfection and Remediation How to keep pools and hot tubs clean and sanitary.
- Be A Leak Detective How to prevent and detect leaks and unwanted chemicals in your pool.
Because of nature's unpredictability, swimming in natural bodies of water like creeks, lakes, rivers, oceans and beaches, has more inherent danger than in regulated environments. From overexposure to uv rays, to strong currents, it is imperative to be safe and prepared in natural water.
- Ocean Safety Read about what to look out for when swimming in oceans
- Beach Safety Tips How to be beach safe
- River and Lake Safety Tips Read about how to prevent drowning in lakes and rivers
- How To Surf Safely Tips on avoiding injuries while surfing
Sunbathing is considered by many the definitive way to relax. Tan, olive skin is also regarded as a thing of beauty in American society to the extent of using unnatural methods like booths and spray to achieve a bronzed look. In both methods, there are some risks, particularly Melanoma, which is skin cancer and is one of the leading cancers in America. Prevent overtanning by investing in quality sunscreen and not overdoing a good thing.
- Dangers of Tanning How to tan safely.
- Definition of Skin Cancer Skin Cancer facts and statistics.
- Skin Cancer Prevention More information on skin cancer and uv protection
- Treatin Melanoma How to help overexposed skin.
Scuba is an activity that is actually an acronym for Self Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus. Many people enjoy this activity when visiting tropical areas and are required to have certain certifications before they dive. Even though it's regarded as an adventure sport, it is relatively safe, as long as the diver has proper training, does not veer away from safety guidelines, uses quality gear and does not exceed one's own experience level.
- Scuba Diving Safety FAQ about scuba diving and safety measures.
- Commercial Diving Safety and health when commercial diving.
- Pre Traveling Consultation-Scuba Diving SCUBA diving disorders and treatment help.
- Scuba Hazards How underwater confined spaces pose hazards to divers.
With drowning, heatstroke and other issues on the rise, it's quite hard to leave your worries at the door whilst enjoying a leisurely swim. When factors such as alcohol and drug use while swimming come into play, these dangers increase exponentially. Whether you're at home, water park, pool party or at your local pool, it's important to veer on the side of caution.
- Pool Safety for Kids and Adults Provides safety tips for parents and caregivers as well as information regarding alcohol use around water.
- Water Safety Advice A comprehensive list of advice for adults and children regarding pools and spas.
- Pool Operation Safety Checklist Follow this easy to use checklist if you are the adult responsible for swimmers safety. This helpful checklist will encourage your guests to practice safe swimming.
- Pool and Spa Safety Pool and spa safety.